A brief respite between Comic-Con and the midnight launch of StarCraft II provided for a pretty wide variety of news stories today, but some of the more eclectic links to land on our laps today demand more exploration. We hope to provide just that in today's daily stale bread.

7/26--Yay, AJ's not dead

Rockstar wins newspaper apology, damages

Daily (Stale) Bread: The news we didn't post on July 26, 2010

AJ: First, the Daily Star reports a completely fabricated story that Rockstar is making a GTA game based on the real life case of a guy who shot himself after a huge manhunt sparked by Moat the partner of an ex-girlfriend. Then, Rockstar cried foul because the story was bullshit and Daily Star made no effort to verify the story before running it (because this is the UK where journalism law is a liberal interpretation at best). Then, I think the Daily Star actually defended its bullshit story. Now, they've yanked the story, apologized to Rockstar and are paying them damages, which Rockstar says it's going to give to charity. I love a good story.

Will: I just can't believe they told the victims' mother that the game was real. Real classy, Daily Star.

'Jersey Shore' invades Facebook, iPhone
Dave: Man, it figures that I'd lose my iPhone the week before they release an official Jersey Shore app.

Tae: So Facebook fans get the game a day early? I wonder if my friend who loves the show (and totally isn't me) should buck up and admit his adoration to get early access.

Dave: If he does, I'm totally going into your cube to check it out.

Federal Judge: OK to Break DRM for Fair Use
AJ: Some interesting new developments in the always murky world of digital rights management.

Dave: A surprising amount of thanks are due to General Electric, who are taking part in the case that set this new precedent. They really are bringing good things to life.

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest Summoned For Virtual Console
AJ: Jesus God NO. No more Mystic Quest. That game was the bane of my existence in middle school.

Dave: I shudder to think that we're going to live in a world where Wii owners have access to that game and not Earthbound.

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition to get Move patch; original RE5 can't
AJ: I'm not sure why people are freaking out about the original RE5 not supporting Move. Capcom pretty much told us this a few months ago.

Will: On the plus side, I can't wait to utilize the Move for this scene:

Source: Daily News from GamePro.com

date Tuesday, July 27, 2010

0 comments to “Daily (Stale) Bread: The news we didn't post on July 26, 2010”

Leave a Reply: